This week we are very busy!
1. The Matilda group will have 15 minutes (or so) to finish their presentation, starting at 9:00.
2. Listening- "A Prairie Home Companion"
This is an American radio show broadcast every Saturday night. It has live music, funny jokes, and many stories. Below is a video clip to give you an idea what it is like.
APHC- Ruth Harrison Reference Librarian Script
We will be listening to a story from the show, called "The News from Lake Wobegon." This is a section where the host of the show tells about things that have happened in his "home town." As you listen, try to write down the following:
1. Who are the people mentioned in the story?
2. What events or holidays are mentioned?
3. What is the conclusion?
4. What is one funny part (or one joke) from the story?
Your writing for today (and what you will record for our 3rd video) will be about your "home town." Think of something funny or interesting from your life that relates to the place you lived when you were young. Write about it.
3. A Series of Unfortunate Events group report. This will run from 10:30 to 11:30. I'm really excited to see your presentation!
4. 3rd recording on the topic of "My Home Town."